Wednesday, April 12, 2006

Taxes

This year we actually paid a real accountant to do our taxes. Incidentally, this is also the first year I haven't gotten a big fat return, you know, the one that you spend months planning what you are going to spend it on and when it finally arrives you realize you've spend it about fourteen times over. Well, this year because of Alec working as a self-employed man for 10 months we were supposed to withhold taxes ourselves, yeah right. Now I finally understand why people put off taxes until the last minute. Thankfully we've put enough away (not paying rent during construction) to just cover it. But not the accountant's fee. Somehow things always end up working out though. Right? I guess I have finally come to the realization that we will never have enough money. I used to think that once I was done with college (all of it) I would be in my Career and be pulling in some big money. Nope.
Then again, we are very lucky with what we do have. And besides my store/cafe is going to be a huge success.

1 comment:

JoBiv said...

Ooh! Can we get a progress report on the store/cafe?? Still excited over here!