Monday, April 10, 2006

No More

This weekend we watched the last episode of the last season of Six Feet Under. I know that we are oh, about a year behind the rest of the world (or at least those that have HBO) but WOW. That show was so amazing. The characters are so finely drawn and acutely realized that you feel like these people are your friends. I think about them at work and in the evenings and well, all the time. I got my co-worker hooked but she is about 2 seasons behind me so I couldn't talk to her about the last season. Which was akin to knowing a huge secret about someone and being unable to tell a mutual friend.
But most overwhelming is the sadness. No more anticipation, no more stories. Just like when you finish a really good book and you miss the characters, but also miss the time you spent with them. So you pass the book onto your real friends and try to recapture some of the feeling by thier enjoyment. So anyone how hasn't had a chance to be enthralled, join netflix and start watching, Right Now!

2 comments:

Eunice Burns said...

Mike and I are both obsessed right now with the song that's playing when Claire is driving away at the very end ("Breathe Me" by Sia -- download it!). By far the best compacted five minutes of television I have ever seen -- and I wasn't even that big a fan of the show (not to mention the fact that I really only regularly watched the last season). I still think about the characters and feel some sort of sadness for them. In my mind, they were very real, and the season finale is heartbreaking but oh so real.

Sarah said...

Added to my queue!