Wednesday, April 19, 2006

Beach Baby


Spinning 2
Originally uploaded by jegoffin.
Last night we had a photo shoot at the beach with my friend Kelly. I met Kelly in the fall when I spent about 4 hours at Kinko's printing and trimming photos of our trip to Europe for a photo album. She came in and was trimming these absolutely gorgeous photos. I asked her about her photos and she told me she was a Brooks student (Brooks is a well-known photography school here in town). After a little while I asked her if she might know of anyone who would be willing to look at my wedding pictures (negatives really) and print out whatever ones looked good. She said she would be willing to do that. So, while she's been working on scanning about 85 pictures into her computer and cleaning them up with photoshop, she started taking a portrait class at school. Therefore she needed models for her class. I posed for a bridal portrait both outside and at a studio. We did a family portrait and she did a portrait of Nora, and this time she needed a set of siblings. She took pictures of Nora and her cousins etc. In return she is giving us a few prints and we can buy additional prints too. It's great because we've never done a full on portrait sitting as a family or even for Nora alone.
The girls go home today and I will certainly miss them, they are such helpful, nice girls. Nora will surely miss them as well.

2 comments:

Ali said...

omg this pic is so so beautiful!

JoBiv said...

Loved looking at your photos on Flickr. Your nieces look so grown up since I met them many moons ago... I'm glad you had some time to covet them. Also - can't wait to see the portraits, even though I love the shots you get.