Friday, November 18, 2005

Selfishness, Thy name is daycare


Tea with Bear
Originally uploaded by jegoffin.
I took Nora to Daycare today, at 8:20 am. She went on Monday at 11:00 and on Tuesday at 12:00. She isn't feeling all that great (a cold most likely contracted on Monday or Tuesday), so she isn't all that much fun to be around. Our normal morning routine is 7:00-8:00 Sesame Street, while I bathe and drink coffee while listening to NPR. 8:00-9:00 Breakfast and getting dressed. Around 9:00 we usually have something to do: visit a pre-school (Mon), go to playgroup (Tue), look at tile/doors/hardware/bathroom fixtures (Wed), or go to Trader Joe's (Thur), but today there was nothing on the agenda, except that I wanted to be alone to putter. So I packed up sniffles and hauled her off to daycare promptly at 8:15, without breakfast and with just enough Pedicare to get her through the morning. As soon as she saw where we were, she clung to my neck and pointed back towards the car. She cried when I left her and I felt pretty shitty. I've spent my Nora-free, guilty morning on the computer backing up all the photos onto a disk and picking up a little. It feels weird to be home alone.

No comments: