Tuesday, November 22, 2005

Building a house is hard

Especially when there are four people involved and I am used to getting my own way.
Every decision has to be run through the committee, consisting of Vic, Faye, Alec, and me. Doing anything by committee is hard enough, but building a house on your in-laws property, which they ultimately own is even more hairy. The last few days we have been knee-deep in tile negotiations. After a lengthy review process though, I am happy to report that my bathroom is going to fucking rock! It will have a spa-like feel with 5/8 inch glass mosaic tiles from Walker Zanger. They are so pretty, they look like beach glass with the same matte finish. After "we" decided to use them I felt the kind of elation that was last felt when I finally got a pair of guess jeans in sixth grade.
We won't be in the new house by Thanksgiving as hoped. I mean we'll be in there, priming, painting, etc. But we won't be living there. Maybe we'll be in there by Christmas, but I don't think I've been THAT good this year.

1 comment:

Sarah said...

Ooh, is that the same elation as getting an Esprit bag in middle school?

I don't think I got Guess jeans until 7th, and they were from TJ Maxx...

Glad the house is coming together! I love glass tiles --