Wednesday, November 30, 2005

Fevered

Nora has a fever. It all started on Monday; she woke up from her nap with a fever.
That evening, she resembled a warm cookie. She was lethargic and quiet, I know I should feel bad for her and I do, but it is damn nice to have your toddler be cuddly. She is normally going warp-speed from 6:00 am until 7:00 pm, with a brief break from 11:00 until 1:00. So, watching TV with her sitting on my lap for an hour is a real treat. Yesterday, she seemed better in the morning and we even went to play with Marc and Betsy, but by the time I got home from work, she was feverish again. This morning she seems okay. Here's the thing, I'm not all that concerned about her fever. I mean, you know it happens and what is the pediatrician going to tell us that we don't already know? Give her some tylenol and wait it out, unless it gets dangerously high, of course. But, I am not behaving as most first-time moms. Nonetheless, I do feel confident in my instincts that she is going to be fine. I think.

1 comment:

JoBiv said...

I believe in your instincts, jLiz. And I totally and utterly sympathize with your love of fever cuddles. It's weirdly nice, isn't it? (Pea's sick, too. Shnotty, though, so the cuddles are a bit sticky. Ew.)