Friday, June 03, 2005

In which I rant and make several errors

Anybody read that David Sedaris book where he speaks with a lisp and so just avoids using words that have ssses. That is how I feel about the french keyboard. The letters A W M Z . and all the numbers are srewy. All this time and I didn't know how many words needed an m or a w, I mean A, of course that one you'd expect. Anyway I've used up most of my patience with the keys with that little analogy.

The RANT*

The woman who rented us the apartment...I emailed her to tell her that the shower curtain had so much mildew on it that it was unhygenic, she emailed back that she doesn't know what mildew IS, I guess she is one lucky lady. Anyone have a worthy translation for MILDEW?

We are getting eaten alive by something. Each day more and more little bites appear on our arms and legs, do you think she knows what bed bugs are? Alas, we've not seen anything that seems like it could be the culprit.

On the up side***

We had a great day today. We went to the Luxumbourg Gqrdens where they have an amazing playground for kiddies (that's what everyone calls them) and Nora had a friggin ball. There was a group of preschoolers who were intriqued by the thing behind her ear; one of them felt behind her ear to see if she had one too. The sky clouded over and because I had taken the parapluie out of my backpack this morning it started to pour, all the kiddies ran for cover and there was mass hysteria, but in a good way. Nora enjoyed the fuss, but still wanted to play in the rain and she did have a few compatriots.

After the park, Nora fell asleep and we had a wonderful lunch in a noisy, crowded and perfectly Parisian restaurant.

**NOTE SCHEDULE CHANGE***
It has come to our attention that Nora reqires some time out of her stroller during the day. Accordingly, we've alloted 11 til 12 for free for all sand throwing/eating, running around, screeching. After that, it is naptime, no negotiations!

No comments: