Monday, May 16, 2005

Planes, Trains, and Toddlers

Holy Cow, we leave in less than 12 hours, wait, not quite...more like 14, but doesn't 12 Sound better. Alec's aunt called today to inform us that it is 38 degrees FARIENHEINT in CH today and to pack a wool coat for baby Nora, um we don't do wool coats in California. On the bright side she said it should be 75 degrees by Thursday. So, basically we are vacationing in...Boston??!! Just yesterday we were walking on the beach and I was thinking WHY are we leaving here again, oh right, the Shopping.

I'm starting to get a little nervous. Today I watched Alec making a grilled cheese in our "kitchen" and I realized I might actually miss the ole room. I mean we have been here for nine months and I've grown fond of my microwave/toaster oven set up. Honestly, there is no better way to justify having chips and dip for dinner Again when you don't have a proper stove. I do however miss the cookie baking that happened a little too often in Belmont.

In other news, I interviewed for a part-time job out at UCSB today. It is in the Chemical Engineering department (jeez, I don't even know if I spelled that correctly). Don't you think it is a perfect match?! Okay, okay it is for the Physics of Fluids magazine (huh?). Here's why it is a good fit: Part-time, meaning weekday afternoons, 1-5pm, Full benefits-for the whole family, Pay is actually not horrific, I'm intensly interested in fluids. The interview went very well, and I think they might offer me the job, course I am leaving for six weeks, but then again I am Parfait for the position (ie. it is clerical, very, very clerical). So send positive thoughts this away.

Saw Secretary last night, any thoughts?

3 comments:

meeralee said...

Fun Fun Fun! Enjoy!

Secretary was cute. :-)

Eunice Burns said...

Wait, I forgot to ask you when I talked to you on Monday: what shows are you TiVoing when you're gone?? I'm very curious to know what will be in your queue (if anything) when you get back...

JoBiv said...

Mmmm I miss the Belmont Cookie Habit as well...