Friday, April 29, 2005

Solar


Angelic
Originally uploaded by jegoffin.
We just finished meeting with a solar guy who gave us an estimate. I really, really want to go solar. But why does it have to be so godamn ugly?
I mean really now is solar the equivelent of Ugg boot. Something that feels good but looks bad. I mean we're building a house here, something most people take enormous pride in and just because I want to be a responsible citizen I have to slap up some truly horrific looking panels on the roof? No thanks. Not to mention the 15K. I had initially wanted integrated roof tile panels, they are still solar looking but at least not in that "I have solar pride" kind of way. Subtle, there, but not in your face...yeah that's what I want.

1 comment:

Eunice Burns said...

Wait, your comparison of solar energy to Ugg boots was so funny I laughed out loud and had to share it with my coworker. It's so hard to be energy-conscious these days, but you're giving it a valiant effort. I tip my hat to you.