Sunday, April 17, 2005

Miss Handy


Miss Handy
Originally uploaded by jegoffin.
Nora loves to help so she assisted on this ikea assembly. It is her very own table and chair set. She loves to sit at the table and color.
Yesterday we went to the beach for a late lunch. There is this great place called the Shoreline. They have tables in the sand. After lunch we went to the waves, which Nora loved. She was very good at standing still while the waves washed over her feet. When they'd wash out she'd run towards them. Makes me wonder what kind of relationship she'll have with the ocean as she grows up. Me, I saw the ocean for the first time when I was 5. I don't remember it really, but I've seen pictures. I like the ocean, I like living on the ocean. It feels comforting to know that it is always there, a steady boundary and constant reference. Being in the water is another story altogether. I like lakes. Salt water tastes yucky. And you never know about tides, currents, and what is under there.
I saw the movie The Upside of Anger. I wanted to see it because, well, Felicity is in it. But, I was worried because Kevin Costner is in it. But, then again so is Joan Allen. Well, I really liked it, a lot. It was this great mix of sadness and comedy which felt realistic. And it was good to see Felicity again.

1 comment:

JoBiv said...

You realize that every time you post a pic like this, I die a little from the cuteness. You're shortening my life, jLiz! And yet, I cannot look away... hahaha.

Haven't even heard of that movie. Now I've gotta check it out.