Friday, March 18, 2005

On her own

Nora has officially joined the upright world. That's right folks, her preferred mode of transportation is now an unsteady,constant balancing act on her tiney little feet. She falls, a lot. But she keeps on keeping on, little soldier. Along with her new found independence is a newfound need to cling to me. The parenting books have some technical term for it, but essentially it means that for every few steps she takes, she in turn whines until you pick her up and hug her. Of couse as soon as you pick her up she whines to get down. Apparently she is working out the conundrum of the cake and eating it. In any case our day tends to be a little more frought than it used to be.

I'm close to finishing the final papers, about 55 left. The grades are due on Monday. I'm not going to have anything to do after that! Well, that isn't exactly true, there is always the taking care of the kid thing....or reading, yeah, I miss that.

So here is another try at doing a link, taking Eunice's advice...
casa

I'd suggest this to anyone and everyone, it is truly a rewarding experience.

LATER

What the FUCK. It still doesn't work. The stuff about a world icon etc. I don't have any icons except a abc one and a picture one. Seriously, I am feeling really incompetant and stupid. Please, there must be a better way. For some reason if you click the title of the blog then it links to the case website. HELP!! Sarah?!! Anyone with a mac, please.....

LATERER

Thanks to Meera I now have a shred of sanity back. Yeah MeeraLee! You were right I do have to do it old school style, safari doesn't support the fomatting button. Blast it all! Also just got off the phone with the apple people rectifying a itunes gift certificate gone bad. I bought my nephew one for his birthday, and let's just say that about now he is asking whether or not his Aunt forgot his blimmin birthday. Argghhhh!!!! Curses! But at least now I have a resolution to the problem, which I should have done in the first place sent him an Andrew Jackson and a card. So much for being the cool aunt.

3 comments:

meeralee said...

JLiz, this will help.

meeralee said...

(Scroll down to where it says "Here's an example scenario." I think there's a bug that's preventing the link button from appearing on your browser, so you'll have to do it the old-school way.)

Sarah said...

Yo! Old-school!
Sorry I was too late to the party to help. Glad Meera set things right.