Monday, April 28, 2008

Priorities


After I
Originally uploaded by jegoffin.
Last week we actually paid someone to do some work around our house. We have actually not done this before, ever, and I think I may become addicted. When the house was being built, both Alec and I spent countless hours DIYing all over the place. I painted till I had tendonitis and Alec is still finishing up the baseboards and woodwork here and there. So, it was with unprecedented pleasure that I hired out a job involving home improvement. One day about a month ago I decided to put up wallpaper in my office. I had been thinking about wallpaper for awhile and then I saw some great patterns over at design public. So, after thinking about how hard it would be to do ourselves (and the roughly two hours per weekend day we have child-free) got two estimates. Then I simply ordered the paper (found it cheaper than design public) and hired someone to do the job. I left for work on Thursday and by the time I got home, Viola! the room looked fabulous. I love to sit in this room and just look at the wallpaper, love it, love it, love it!

Now I want more! We've already done a great flying bird installation from Blik (I'll post photos later). So, I'm thinking either the laundry room needs a little TLC, we buy a couple of accent chairs for the living room, or buy some bedside sconces for our bedroom. I think I have already spent our stimulus check about four times over. And I was actually planning on just saving it!

I want to write a separate entry for each of the things that has been keeping me busy over the last several months but here's a preview: Food (as in what I eat and what my family eats), Weight loss (obviously connected to the first), paying off debt, living with less, and reading more. Oh yeah, and raising two willful, beautiful children.

1 comment:

Ali said...

Yay, you're back!!! ;-)