Tuesday, September 11, 2007

Early in the Morning

I am up before anyone in the house right now. I should really wake up Alec before he is late for work, but to be awake and doing something before anyone is stirring is quie addicting. I heard some rustling in the brush by the ravine at around 6:30. Something heavy walking slowly and so bleary-eyed I peered through the window to try and see what it was. I already knew it was a coyote, but I wanted to see it. Then it walked up from the ravine and into our yard, right past the table and chairs as if it was the family dog. Knowing that one of my kitties was still outside I darted upstairs and looked out the back door fully expecting to be about three feet from the coyote, but it was nowhere. I quickly ran uot to the deck and scooped up Ruby, who was lying very still on the bench by the door, and ran back inside.

Nora's door just oppened: time to start another day!

No comments: