Tuesday, January 02, 2007

41 Weeks


Belly and little hands
Originally uploaded by jegoffin.
Guess what? Still no baby!

I just had a nice visit from my midwife and we talked about the improbablity that I would need to be induced. Nevertheless, I am still no closer to having this baby than I was last week. This week I'll have to go in for testing on Friday and then probably see my OB as well. She's going to want to induce me, but I don't really want to. I mean, don't get me wrong I want to have this baby I really, really do. But, I want my body to be ready to have it and not forced into it. As long as the little bugger is hanging in there I would like to wait until my body gives the green light. Labors started with induction are notoriously difficult. Nora was induced with this gel stuff, prostagladin, and I felt the effects, called "hyper uterine contractions", very accutely. So, I guess it is just a wait (and wait) and see game.

3 comments:

meeralee said...

Better hope that baby doesn't have its heart set on being an Aquarian (The Best Star Sign).

;-)

Good luck, beautiful!

kaitable. said...

So soon! I'm eagerly checking every day.
xoxo.

Sarah said...

Oh my.
Thinking of you!