Friday, December 29, 2006

My Buddy is a new Mom


Christmas Day 2006
Originally uploaded by alifri.
So, Alison and Shawn are new parents and boy are they cute! Alison had her first daughter, Elizabeth Austen, aka Ellie on November 30, 2006. As you can see from this picture, she is already a pro. She is coming up on one month of motherhood, the end of what I like to call the Hazy period. It is possible she is now getting more than two hours of sleep at a time and maybe even venturing outside the house regularly. I am starting to get kinda nostalgic. Nora and I watched some videos of her when she was this age (and younger) in an effort to demonstrate that babies don't do much of anything except eat, sleep, poop, and cry. Considering that is all they do they are surprisingly time-consuming.

As for me, still no baby. Sound familiar? Ah well. I went to an accupuncturist on Wednesday and Thursday in an attempt to get labor started. Yes, I am a little desperate. But the price tag will keep me from returning $100 the first day and $65 the second. Ouch, you know I would have rather had a trip to Target for that amount. I did have some relatively strong contractions last night but they only lasted an hour. If we have the baby after the first our new insurance will reimburse us for part of the cost of the homebirth. If we have the baby before the first then we get out little tax deduction. So I guess either way is beneficial. Only two more days to spend, I think I will order a new big rug for our living room and maybe some side tables...

No comments: