Monday, June 05, 2006

I swore I wouldn't

EVER allow Barney to be viewed in my house, or Teletubbies. Alas, my resolve has weakened and she is watching that Purple montrosity as I write this.
There are a lot of things you think you'll do or not do before you have children and reality of having them changes things. Everyone knows that having kids changes your life, this is not news. But the extent of the changes are something that you can only know by doing.

I've been trying to figure out why I haven't felt like writing much, at least not consistently. And I think it is because I can't really be honest anymore. Let me clarify: certain people know of this website and I dont feel I can discuss my real feelings without a dooce-like fallout. For instance, PRIVACY is a big deal thing for us right now. Specifics? Can't really get into it without worrying about what the consequences will be. So I am thinking about how to resolve this issue. In the meantime I will continue to comment on the weather.

1 comment:

meeralee said...

Yeah, that's definitely an issue for me, too, hon. I struggle with it sometimes, but usually two contradictory convictions help me:

1) My blog is not my therapist; I don't need to say everything
2) My blog is my space, and I get to say whatever I want.

One or the other wins out each time, and makes me feel better about things. But you might want to look into a password-protected blog; I used to have one for my student-teaching journal.

P.S. Big hugs. I understand about the Barney horror.