Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Thank you Eunice

For introducing me to someone I feel I have know for EVOR.
Dooce.com
This woman is awesome. Not only is she MY age but her daughter is only 8 days older than Nora. Weirdness. I had heard of her website from Annie, but never really checked it out. Then last night Susan intrigued me enough to check it out. And that is how obsessions are born. It is like that person everyone keeps telling you you would love and then you finally meet them and yep, pretty much they rock.

2 comments:

Sarah said...

She's hysterical!

Eunice Burns said...

Okay, now that you're hooked, you need to go into her archives and read stuff (if you haven't already explored). Choose a category in her drop-down menu at the bottom (below her picture of the day, which you should always look at, because she is quite good with the whole photography thing) and read away. "Dooced" is all the stuff about when she got fired from her job for this very website. And all the other categories are self-explanatory. She is absolutely hilarious, crude, raw, honest, and sincere. She talks so openly about her boobs, her daughter, her postpartum, her meds, her husband, her Mormon background, etc. Wonderfully refreshing, if you know how to take her (and you want to take her). I, for one, do. And I'm not surprised you do, too!