Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Good Morning my dear house


South side of House
Originally uploaded by jegoffin.
The shell of the house is pretty nearly done. Done enough, that we had a "topping out" party on Saturday and it was lovely. Lots of people involved in the making of this building were in attendence, from the guy at the planning dept. to the 80-odd year old structual engineer to the contractor and the electrician (who had wired up the house that very morning). Building a house is so very like having a baby. And since cetain people keep waiting for signs of when I"LL next rent my body to a developing person, this is our new baby #939. So this was our baby shower. And, today we have an ultrasound, that is a nailing inspection. I hope we pass and can move onto the next phase.

We've ordered the flooring for the upstairs and the bathrooms. Bamboo! I got it for a steal online 2.64/sq ft. We'll be installing it ourselves. We've been making all kinds of Important decisions about the #939, we feel a little like genetic engineers. Have you noticed that I've used the word "engineer" twice already? Must be working in the Chemical Engineering dept (there's four).

Vic and Faye leave for Spain in one week. So, we'll be moving over there for the month of Sept. which means that anyone wishing to visit, is highly urged to consider September as optimal visiting time...especially since I'll be turning 30 on the 14th and might need a little support.

1 comment:

JoBiv said...

Awww, look! I can see where its dear little roof is developing! Isn't it magic?