Saturday, February 18, 2006

Birthday


Birthday
Originally uploaded by jegoffin.
Nora's birthday was exactly one week ago. We had a great big party and it was a beautiful day. The house functioned perfectly. It is so nice to be in our own house. And a little surreal too. Things are slowly finding homes in this great big place and I acquired a new credit card in order to increase my furniture buying potential. So far I've ordered two barstools and just moments ago a new leaning bookcase system with a desk. I can't wait to unpack at least a few of my books and knick knacks.
My mom was here for a few days and the weather was unbelievable, 80's. But as of yesterday winter, California Style, has set in. Rainy and cold, I swear yesterday it must have been in the 40's, no lie.
Today the sun is out and things are drying out a bit. I'm trying to sort out all of Nora's outgrown stuff; she has a shit load of stuff. I can't bear to part with the item that I remember her wearing, because what if we have another child and that child is a girl? I can't possibly let these lovely items out of my possession if there is even the slightest possibility I might use them again. I'm beginning to understand how hoarders and clutterbugs operate.

No comments: