Monday, December 05, 2005

Painting Walls

I spent most of the weekend painting walls and ceilings. It is like nothing I've ever felt before. I mean, duh, of course I've painted walls and ceilings before. Anyone who has seen our apartments will know that I paint. But those were pre-existing walls, walls that had seen other inhabitants, other lives. I painted them to make them mine, not theirs. But these new walls...they've been mine since before they were born. Their placement, their construction, have all been in the service of my family. Painting the ceiling detail that Vic knew in his head and we all went along with, knowing that I'll be starring at that ceiling for a long time, well. So, I am enjoying every blister, every dollop of paint in my hair, on my face, and all over my clothes. This is going to be my "for real" house. Holy Shit.

No comments: