Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Pigtail


Pigtail
Originally uploaded by jegoffin.
Take a good look, this is the hairstyle that Nora will be sporting for a good long time. The pig's tails are a hit. I actually can't believe that she lets me put them in at all. Of course, I have a maximum of 4.5 seconds to do each one. All the pressure of not hurting her (too much) and the time constraint mean that more often than not they're not exactly even, straight, or centered. Instead, they look like baby horns.

Alec and I spent the weekend in LA and I have to say and eventhough I tried to embrace LA as my nearest metropolitan city, I find it soul-less, without character, and utterly void of community.
But still it was fun :)
We looked at stuff for the house and ate good meals and went to an amazingly upscale mall. One that brought the happy fakery of Vegas to Hollywood. It was good to be away from Baby Nora. We couldn't believe the freedom of sleeping in, the luxury of making multiple stops, the spontinaity of getting stuck in traffic, and the joy of eating my own lunch, all of it.
Of course we did purchase a couple of baby related items.
First, a swing for the tree. Installed today and baby ready tomorrow.
Second, a paddling pool. So damn cute, pictures are upcoming.
Third, baby backpack. No, not a Nora-sized pack; one that she fits into. So we can literally carry her around Europe on our backs. So far she thinks it's groovy, while I'm still trying to put up with the indignity of wearing my child on my body instead of having her nestled in a stylish stroller.

No comments: