Saturday, March 26, 2005

A book is to read


A book is to read
Originally uploaded by jegoffin.
Nora loves books. She grabs them and looks at them all the time. Sometimes she grabs one and sits for a little SSR. It's funny because we don't have the ritual of reading a book at bedtime, as I thought we would. We do it sporadically. But this week she has started pointing to her book shelf after her bottle and asking "more". What is her favorite? Duh...Goodnight Moon. Another fave is Good Dog Carl. She was fascinated by this one at the doctor's office and so I bought it for her. I swear it is the only book for her I've bought at sticker price.

Now that the walking is progressing apace another developmental "issue" has arisen. That of the temper tantrum. The synopsis is bascially this:

Nora: I love doing things on my own.
Mom: Time to ____________.
Nora: But, this is just getting good, look I've walked all the way over to the dirt pile and I'm examining each and pebble/piece of dirt.
Mom: Seriously, we have to a) change your diaper, b) go to the store, c) take a nap, d) watch Dr. Phil.
Nora (shaking hands): No, I don't want to do THAT.
Mom (picking up baby): Let's go (in a singsoning-if I use this tone she'll forget about it-kind of voice).
Nora (squirming and pinching) FUck yOu.

This happens more frequently out in public and in the car, so leaving the house hardly seems worth it.

1 comment:

JoBiv said...

Looks like the Norster has opinions! My my!