Thursday, December 09, 2004

Audrey


Happiest Cat
Originally uploaded by jegoffin.
My cat is gone. She disappeared on Monday and we assume she was taken by a coyote. Alec heard it happen but by the time he got there (in the dark) there was no trace. We keep hoping she'll return, but know in our hearts that she is gone. I miss her so much. Everywhere I look I remember her. She loved prowling around the yard and she'd chase me if I happened upon her. I see a sweater on the bed and now that she'd have nestled herself there for the afternoon. When I drive home, I expect to see her little face in the window...waiting for us. I think losing a pet is such a unique sort of loss. Your everyday companion who loved you unconditionally is suddenly gone...just like that.

1 comment:

meeralee said...

Oh, sweetheart. I'm so sorry.

Thinking of you and will be in touch in a couple of weeks when things settle down for me,
love,
m